IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE
Here is the update for the November Market:
- We will be operating the Palm Cove Markets under a COVID Safe Event Plan that has been prepared to meet the requirements of the COVID Safe Business Framework. Whilst this has not yet been made mandatory for Markets, we are ready ahead of that ruling.
- We will continue to promote COVID signage, a keep left rule in the market space, reminders of 1.5m physical distancing and free space surrounding Food Stalls where queueing can be a problem.
- All stalls are to setup on the eastern side of the road.
COVID Safe Practices:
- All Palm Cove Markets Stallholders and organisers will need to follow COVID safe practices.
- Each Stallholder must complete and hand to us a COVID Safe CHECKLIST at each and every market – the CHECKLIST will be held by us for 56 days.
- You can click here to download the CHECKLIST. For Contact Tracing purposes the CHECKLIST must contain the names and contact details of any person working at your stall.
- You do not need to record the contact details of customers.
In addition to the CHECKLIST we encourage Stallholders to consider their Workplace Health and Safety COVID Plan obligations – we have been advised that a WHS Plan should be displayed on site ready for inspection should WHS officers appear on the day. Here also is a link to a basic WHS Plan for COVID-19 that you may choose to use.
The Stallholder Resources page on this website has access to all the resources that we have to hand or know about.
Toilet facilities for southern zone stalls (Orange, Red & Pink):
We have arranged for key access to the toilets provided & maintained by Underground at Sarayi. There were a few issues about getting access before the restaurant owners arrived at 7:15 for deliveries, so we will be working on a solution to that to be in place before market day – more on that later. $2 per stall wishing to use the Toilet Facilities will be collected after Bump-in. If you were issued with a Toilet Pass last market, please bring that with you.
Only 2 markets left for the year – see you on 1st November.
Palm Cove Markets Working Group – The Rotary Club of Cairns Sunrise Inc
Last update: 18th October 2020
Time until the next market day
The pages in this website provide information and resources for the General Public, Stallholders and Buskers.
General Questions and Answers, Maps of Palm Cove, Car Parking and Stall Sites plus special acknowledgements.
- About Us – a brief history of Palm Cove Markets and Rotary Cairns Sunrise plus links to Tourism Palm Cove and Rotary Cairns Sunrise | Business Networking.
- Contact Us – if you need more information, please use this email form and we promise to get back to you within 48 hours.
Here you will find details for our featured stalls including contacts for after market enquiry/sales, product listings and usual stall location.
Some recent photos from the Palm Cove Markets.
- Apply Process – how to become a Stallholder at Palm Cove Markets plus Stallholder FAQ’s & Future Developments.
- Quality Standards – provides links to the Terms & Conditions, Product & Electrical Safety, Workplace Health & Safety, Security and Traffic Control rules, regulations and expectations.
- Busker Apply – outlines the regulations and expectations about Busking. You will find the Busker Application form here.
- Stall Apply – the link to the Stall Site Application Form.
- Terms and Conditions of the Palm Cove Markets
The link for approved Stallholders to access and manage their account details, book and pay for stalls.
General Questions and Answers
Normally the 1st Sunday of selected months from 8am to 2pm
5th April (cancelled)
3rd May (cancelled)
7th June (cancelled)
. 5th July restart!!!!
. 2nd August
. 6th September (note change: no “Carnival on Collins” – PCM is GO for Father’s Day!!!!!)
. 4th October
. 1st November
. 6th December
Williams Esplanade Palm Cove between Harpa Street & Cedar Road is closed to traffic from 4am to 4pm on the day of the market.
Flanked by beachside and shaded by palm & ancient paperbark trees, Williams Esplanade is one of the prettiest places to hold a market
(see Google Map below).
Street parking is limited and fills quickly. There is Free Off-Street Parking in Triton Street (see Google map below).
Please note that access to this park will be locked at 4:00pm and the key returned to Council.
Yes, public transport is available with varying timetables (link below). There is a bus hail zone on Harpa Street, the alternative bus route is provided by Sunbus to accommodate the markets.
Note: Stops along Williams Esplanade and Cedar Road will not be is use.
Yes, the market is user friendly for people with different abilities. There are disabled toilets opposite the Lifeguard hut as well as at the Northern end of the esplanade and wheelchair access to the markets.
The market is approximately 30mins drive north of Cairns City along National Route 1 & Captain Cook Highway. At the Veivers Road turn off continue down Veivers Road where you can follow more signs to the free off-street parking on Triton Street. Take your time and enjoy the journey.
We welcome your pets on a leash, with plenty of shady areas for you both to enjoy. Please respect all those attending the markets and clean up after your pets.
On market days, just look for anyone in a Rotary Cairns Sunrise T-shirt to enquire about stallholder locations.
We also suggest you browse the Facebook page ‘Palm Cove Markets’ where you may be able to find the information you are looking for. If the stallholder you are looking for is not included on the page please email us using the Contact Us form.
We have members available at every market to assist you should you become separated from your children. Stay with a Stallholder and ask them to call the Market Co-ordinator. It is important not to panic and immediately report or bring lost children to the attention of the Market Co-ordinator to commence the search process. Generally, children or parents are found quickly enabling everyone to enjoy the market again.
If you require first aid, please go straight to the Lifeguard hut to see a Surf Life Saver or Lifeguard for assistance. There are also small first aid items available from the SES tent at the Northern end of the markets.
We receive Lost and Found items throughout the Market day. Please hand in any lost property or inquire after lost treasures through the Market Co-ordinator on 0424 744 698 (Market Hours only)
For information on lost and found outside market hours please contact the Market Manager by using the Contact Us form.
We welcome and would love to hear your feedback and comments in relation to the newly managed market through Rotary Cairns Sunrise | Business Networking. In our quest to be FNQ’s leading market, we are constantly seeking ways of improving your experience of our wonderful market family.
Please email your comments to the Market Manager by using the Contact Us form.
Palm Cove Markets Location
Car Parking at the end of Triton Street
We thank our many friends who have helped us with this website and the running of the Palm Cove Markets
We are fortunate to be able to benefit from the ongoing guidance and support of Cairns Regional Council officers and ground support. With their help we aim to bring to you a fantastic Palm Cove Markets 2020 season.
We welcome Star 102.7 as a major sponsor of the Palm Cove Markets. Tune in for the best entertainment on the airwaves imaginable.
The amazing dedication of the team at Rotary Cairns Sunrise | Business Networking is the key to our success in 2020. These fantastic people share a love of fun with a sense of community for all ages.